Thursday, November 4, 2010

Beauty In Decay


"Frankenstein's Creature" Acrylic paint on cotton, 24 by 33 inches.


"Portrait Of Aunt Beth" Acrylic paint on plywood, 7 3/4 by 24 inches.

I was a part of the Beauty In Decay show up in NYC this past weekend. The Frankenstein's Creature portrait was a big hit, as well as the other piece in the second photo below good ol' Franky.

I also took my first stab at drawing some Zombie Caricatures at the show too. I was surprised at how much fun it was to draw this style of caricatures. It was a new spin on the retail caricature. Now I understand why my pals Nick Mitchell and Sean Gardner draw these types of caricatures at all the horror conventions, etc. You should definitely check out their amazing work at www.zombiecaricatures.com







Not only drawing these caricatures of friends and some new friends I made along the way, I also got to play with the band Meet Pause for a special Halloween set. The two covers of the night were The Misfits "Hybrid Moments" and The Toadies "Possum Kingdom" that went over well with everyone. This next picture is evidence of the fun times of the night.



If anyone is interested in prints of "Frankenstein's Creature" and "Portrait Of Aunt Beth" please email to set up an order. I can be reached at seanxfavre@gmail.com for any information.

No comments: